What’s your favourite type of holiday? Mine is skiing; it’s great to feel the freedom and exhilaration of flying down the slopes…although I’m not always entirely in control!
As I whizz along in beautiful surroundings and dazzling sunshine (check out the view in the photo from my last trip) I remind myself that this is the feeling I want have in my business.
- How do you want to feel in your business?
- What do you need to do to get and keep that feeling?
- How do you not want to feel?
- What do you need to do to stop that feeling and prevent it from re-occurring?
It also reminds me that I want to enjoy the journey I take with my business, and this has also come up with a few of my clients recently.
Enjoying your business and its journey are so important, but there have to be harder parts too. Think of it as traveling over a mountain pass. It’s hard work, but rewarding, and the view from the pass and the next valley awaiting you are always worth it.
- What can you do to enjoy the journey more?
- And to ensure you are pushing yourself to travel fast and far enough?
A client the other day was struggling to move forward; not enjoying where she was, nor the thought of moving forward. We devised a strategy of looking on the areas she was uncomfortable with as playing, as a bit of an explore and experiment. That immediately took the pressure off and she moved forward with success and enthusiasm.
- How can you take the pressure off to help you move forward?
So those are some of my reflections from my last trip to the sunny Alps. I hope they help to bring you an extra thought or two about your business.