Blog > One word, BIG difference – what is it?
Happy, Happy New Year!!
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year?
Mine was good….a bit too good. From the great kick off weekend in London for Olympia Horse Show, to hosting 20 for Christmas Day, my brothers 40th party, friends staying from France, and a great New Years Eve celebration, it was an extremely jolly festive two weeks.
So whilst a bit fuzzy round the edges from late nights, I am feeling really energised. Engergised by seeing so many friends and family, connecting and sharing and taking time to count blessings.
I bounded into my office on Monday with oodles of energy to an greeted by an inbox full of emails about goal setting. Too much pressure to set goals and get on top of things can have the opposite effect and bring you to an overwhelmed standstill.
To avoid overwhelm this year, I’m going to focus on ONE word. Setting and achieving goals and indeed anything else is so much easier when you are brimming with positive energy. So that’s my focus for 2016. Energy. And lots of it.
There will, of course, be times when all the wheels seem to be falling off, and energy levels plummet. But I know that by focusing on this ONE word, so much will flow from it – motivating goals, inspired action, self-care and fun with family and friends.
What one word will make all the difference to YOUR year?
If you want to join me in focusing on energy for 2016 look at the questions below. If there is another word that you think will make a big difference change the questions accordingly. Is it freedom, passion, growth, fun?
- What gives you energy and how can you do more of those things this year?
- What saps your energy and how can you decrease these….starting from this week, starting from now?
- What re-occurring thoughts do you have that hold you back and therefore sap your energy?
- What phrase can you replace these thoughts with that will give you energy?
- What reward can you give yourself for your achievements and to help you keep your focus – I’m going all out on this for 2016 and already have something super great and exciting lined up for each of the next few months.
Good luck, and let me know how you get on!
Wishing you lots of health, happiness and success in 2016,