Blog > Stepping Back is the Way Forward
Do you manage to find time to step back? This time is crucial as it allows me to really assess what’s working for me, frustrating me…..and super importantly what I want to achieve going forward.
During this step back I bumped into a couple of people who were feeling REALLY burnt out from their businesses, not enjoying them and resenting what they have created.
That is not a place I want you or I to be in. I really believe that you achieve more, and earn more, doing things from a place of enjoyment and fulfillment rather than stress and strain.
So what are the results of my summer reflections? Here are a few of my decisions:
- Do less of the things I don’t enjoy by either doing them differently, stop doing them altogether or outsourcing them.
- Have a phase of consolidation rather than looking at new avenues or big leaps, concentrate on streamlining and getting things right in my core areas.
- Concentrate on attracting only the clients who I super enjoy working with and make my work a pleasure.
So having had my reflection time I’m excited to be going into my planning and doing time!
What about you?
- Where are you on the energised to burnt out spectrum?
- Do you build in enough reflection time for your business?
- If not, start right now – what are your immediate reflections on your business?
- What will help you enjoy it more?
- What will help you make it more successful?
- What do you need to do to ensure you don’t get burnt out?
- ….and lastly, when can you build in some proper reflection time (the sooner the better!)?