Dubai, New York, Mexico, Mallorca. These are all places I have been lucky enough to visit this year.
Flexibility, freedom and the ability to travel are all really important to me. I love the business I have created around how I want to live my life.
What about you?
What are the important things for you? Is your business helping you get enough of these?
Work through my 5 Minute Coffee-Break Goal Setting Formula to help you create the business you want:
I always like to find 5 Minutes at this time of year to plan what I want to achieve by the end of the year. So when those corks pop at New Year I’m chuffed to bits with where I am, and know that I’ll achieve the things that are most important to me the following year too.
Grab yourself a cup of coffee or tea (or a glass of wine or beer if it is that time of day) and a clean sheet of paper. Then jot down the answers to the questions under the 5 minute prompts:
- Minute 1: What have your successes so far this year? Write these down – often people start their goal setting by focusing on what they haven’t achieved – let’s start with all the good stuff you have achieved.
- Minute 2: Now think about what you haven’t achieved but would have liked to – don’t beat yourself up about this, just use it as a realistic assessment of your progress this year.
- Minute 3: Sit back and close your eyes and take yourself to New Year’s Eve …..and then to next year’s New Year’s Eve – what would you like to have achieved by these two dates that would really make you feel proud, delighted and generally rather chuffed with yourself.
- Minute 4: Formalise that general chuffedness into 3 or 4 clear goals (Make them as SMART as you can Specific, Measurable, Relevant, Achievable and Timebased).
- Minute 5: Break those goals down into smaller goals to achieve in each month or each quarter.
- Lastly, give yourself a cheeky extra minute to think about what New Year reward, this year and next, you will give yourself for having achieved these goals.