Blog > From Cows to Camels
Do you make sure you break away from your routine?
I’ve just taken a few days to swap the Irish countryside and a view of cows for a view of camels. I worked from Dubai. My husband was working out there and I took my laptop, myself and a very open mind to join him.
I did some work for clients, but also took a couple of business related books and did some big planning for my business.
- I stretched out by the pool, and really stretched my thinking
- I enjoyed lunch at the top of the Burg Khalifa, the world’s tallest building and thought big and tall (…and thankfully avoided vertigo)
New avenues, bigger thinking and bigger results. The biggest difference in my planning was that it was not a half day out of routine, but four days. I could have used Dubai as a holiday but I used if for both holiday and work. The joy of running a lifestyle business.
I suspect it will be a while before I have such a glamorous planning session again, but it was a great reminder of the importance of breaking from routine and planning and thinking big regularly.
- How often do you currently break from your routine?
- How can you make this more often?
- How can you make it longer – it might be not be in a four day stretch, but could it be two mornings in one week and two in the next? I guarantee that time will be time well spent.
- What books / creative thinking could you use?
Make sure you set yourself some big, hairy (and exciting) goals.
Think big, act big and it will help to ensure the next 12 months are your best year yet.
One of the areas I read up on was the Law of Attraction and positive thinking.
The Law of Attraction
I determined to think positively about getting an upgrade on my flight home. My husband, who works in travel, declared it impossible due to the ticket I was on. Guess where I’m writing this from, seat 8A with a nice glass of Veuve Cliquot in front of me. Next time I’ll set my mind to First Class….
Think positive and set big goals!