Blog > Running for my flight
It’s a quick one today as I’m literally about to head off to the airport to catch a flight to London. I’ve got three days there, running a number of Fast Track Sessions, helping my clients plan a bumper year. I can’t wait. Working with great clients and also catching up with friends…….and maybe just a wee bit of checking out the January sales too.
Do you concentrate on building a business that delivers the WAY of living that you want, not just the financial living you want?
4 years ago I hated my work trips to England, they were far too frequent, sometimes twice in one week, working for corporate clients on big projects which drained me. So I screeched on the brakes and made some big changes. I wanted to work with smaller businesses or individuals, and I wanted to use more of my advertising and marketing background, not just my business psychology.
I took a deep breath, a dip in earnings and went for it. I now have increased earnings, but more importantly I’m doing work, and living life, in a way that energies rather than drains. My clients are small business owners or executive coaching clients, and I’ve kept just one corporate client that I’ve always enjoyed working with, Oxford University.
It’s as important to work out what you don’t want as much as what you do want. Here are some questions to help you ensure your business and life work together and energise you:
- What do you want more of in your life and in your business? And what do you want less of?
- What is the main group of customers you want to be working with?
- What product or service do you want to be providing them with? And what are the things you don’t want to be doing for them?
- What do you need to do to get more of the right types of customers?
- What is the one BIG change you would love to make, so you have a great life and business?
- Now create a change ladder – rather than trying to make lots of changes immediately, plan them over time:
- What do you want to have achieved by Easter?
- And then by the summer? (Or winter for my readers in the Southern Hemisphere)
- And by the end of the year?
Oh, cripes, look at the time, gotta fly….!
Until next time!