Blog > Strength to Build Success
I’ve just started working with a client whose sales have been dwindling. They are feeling unmotivated and frustrated, and there is an air of panic in the air. However, they are also really putting their thinking cap on. They are considering lots of new markets and new product ideas.
If you find yourself doing this, stop immediately! Have a look around and assess where you are.
I find that both entrepreneurs and executives can start looking into new and different areas when they feel things are not going as well as they would like with their business or career.
Often, the answer is not about looking at new areas, but closer to home.
Often, they have lost their focus and sight of their key strengths.
Whenever possible, you need to look at new ideas, markets and products from a position of strength, not of desperation. You need to look not outwards, but inwards.
- Find the Time to Stop! We lose focus and perspective as we rush through our busy professional and personal lives. Finding time to regularly stop and assess where you are is crucial. Even for just 5 minutes; it could make a big difference.
- Know What You Stand For. Ensure you are clear on your business or personal brand and its core elements. What your key values and passions are, what business you are really in, and what value you deliver to people.
- Know What You are Good At….really, really good at. Make sure you are still doing this – have you drifted away from it? If so, how can you get back to it? How can you do more of the things you enjoy doing?
- Make a Plan….with a timeline, to bring yourself (and your team) back to key strengths, values and passions. Plan how you can communicate these strengths to your customers and colleagues.
- Make Another Plan to take yourself forward; once you and / or your business are centred and strong, you can start to make plans to build more success in new and different areas.