Blog > Super Boost Your Business in A Day
Two pictures taken from my office. What a difference. One day green fields, the next after lots (and lots) of rain, a serene lake complete with our very own swans – where do the swans come from? They turn up every time!
Such is the difference a day in the Irish countryside can make. This got me thinking about the big difference you can make to your business in a day. Not every day, but in a super-boosted super-focused day.
I often do Fast Track Days with my clients; rather than working over 3 or 6 months, we put our heads together virtually or face-to-face for a concentrated morning or day. Big steps are taken, big ideas born. Taking time out to think about things in a different way makes a huge difference, thoughts build on each other giving amazing leaps and bounds.
Why don’t you plan your own Fast Track Day? If you haven’t read it already, you might like use a Fast Track Session to work through my E-book 7 Simple Steps to Move Your Business Up a Gear. Download your free copy here.
Whatever you decide to do, here are some guidelines:
- Start by shaping or updating your vision; not just for your business but for the life you want to lead around it.
- Focus your planning around your target customer, the type you like to work with the most, put everyone else out of your mind.
- Keep your brand in mind at all times; what are the three key things you want to be known for?
- Create simple exercises or highlight areas you want to think through. Think outside the box, nothing is sacred. What would you do if you knew you could not fail, if money was no object, if you approached it all in a completely different way?
- Be disciplined and make sure you work through all your proposed areas – including areas you have been avoiding due to fear, lack of confidence or of time.
- Give yourself quite a few breaks; it can be during these breaks that a big thought suddenly appears.
- Finish off by setting goals; big goals that excite you, but not so unrealistic you know that you won’t work to achieve them.
So whilst I and my temporary swans enjoy the lake until the flood waters recede, have a think about when you could schedule your Fast Track Day, and how you’ll power pack it to make a real difference.